August 22 2012: George Street was closed between Richmond and Adelaide Streets today while a construction crane was installed on the Post House Condos construction site …
… seen here from the west side of George Street as the crane installation work neared completion this afternoon
Crane up: Construction of the 21-storey Post House Condos will rev up now that a construction crane has been installed on site.
A project of Alterra Group, Post House Condos derives its name from its George Street location directly behind Toronto’s First Post Office at 260 Adelaide Street East — a historic building that dates from 1833.
Besides the 179-year-old post office, the condo highrise site tucked is behind two other heritage buildings on Adelaide East– the Bank of Upper Canada Building and the de la Salle Institute Building.
CONTINUED ON PAGE 2